KISS in marriage.
That might not mean what you think. I’m not talking about kissing your spouse. I’m not going to give you different kissing techniques to try. Rather, I would like to talk to you about ways to keep things simple in your marriage. It isn’t always going to be as easy as (wedding) cake.
Life is hard. This is truth we all know. If you aren’t intentional about keeping things simple and fun in your marriage, it will go downhill.
Here are some tips on ways to keep the fun in your marriage. (Who knows, you may end up getting some kissing in too!)
1. Remember what first attracted you to your spouse. It is so easy to lose sight of this. In the midst of the dishes and the daily grind, we forget why we fell in love in the first place. It’s there still– you just have to look for it!
2. Don’t focus so much on the little things. Your spouse is going to bother you. Just like traffic will bother you. Lack of sleep will bother you. You will bother you. Check yourself, is the thing that is bothering you a big deal or should you just let it go? Remember, keep it simple!
3. Look for reasons to appreciate your spouse. It may seem hard at first. Especially if you are so caught up in those things that bother you. However, if you look hard enough, you will find SOMETHING! Maybe your spouse leaves the light on in the bathroom at night so you can see as you make your way there. Maybe they leave the paper out for you, so you can read the funnies (the best part).
4. KISS. Okay, this time I really mean it. Find ways to touch each other. Make an excuse to kiss your spouse. Not only does it increase those happy hormones, but it burns calories, too!
5. Enjoy each other. Your spouse has their quirks. So do you. You used to think those quirks were cute, try to remember why. You know your spouse better than anyone else does, enjoy that fact. No one else will know how your husband takes off his boxers and flings them into the laundry hamper as if he were an NBA star. You are the only one who knows when your wife is sad by that certain look that shows you she’s trying to be strong. Enjoy who you married, they are a gift to you!
How do YOU keep things simple in your marriage?
You might also like: