Toddler and Preschooler Daily Schedule

In my many years as a mama.

(Okay, only two and a half)

I have learned the value of having a schedule. I mean, it’s essential to every mama’s sanity.

(2015 update: Check out our Baby/Toddler/Preschooler schedule)

Includes ideas and a free printable schedule for preschoolers and toddlers

I have tinkered with a few different schedules over the last few months and I have found one that just works for us.

Truth be told, the kids kinda came up with this schedule. They are the ones that told me (indirectly through crankiness) that 1-3 is the best time for their nap. Any later and they don’t go to sleep at night, any earlier and they only sleep for about 30 minutes.

Also, this year, I am hitting the homeschooling hard. Which means, that I needed to find a time to put it in our daily schedule.

Having a Schedule as a Stay at Home mama is essential for keeping your sanity!

Toddler and Preschooler Daily Schedule

There are a few things you might notice with our schedule:

We have a lot of independent and free time. The kids love to play together. They love to grab anything of interest to them that day and just sit for a while playing. (I know, I am incredibly blessed that they do this.)

There is also blanket time on the schedule. This has become something the kids look forward to, as well as mama. I will write a post about this soon, but basically, it is a way to train the kids to sit still for certain periods of time. It is fantastic!

This is an amazing schedule for a Stay at Home Mama of Toddlers and Preschoolers!

Feel free to print off the schedule and use it for yourself (click here or the above picture for the printable), or you can easily adapt it to fit your needs (maybe you only have a toddler or only have a preschooler). Be looking this summer for a NEW schedule with three kiddos! A preschooler, a toddler and a newborn. Whew!

Do you use a schedule in your house? Have you found it to be helpful?

For more ideas on scheduling with littles, check out this book by my friend, Rachel Norman.

Routines_Rhythms_and_Schedules_3D (2)

cleaning-schedule

Don’t miss out on this cleaning schedule that I use during the day/week to keep me on track!

(Visited 76,877 time, 39 visit today)

23 comments

1. susan says:

As Benjamin would say, “Ay yi yi!” what a schedule! But if you look at it horizontally you realize how brilliant it is…it all fits together. this is where you find out how little time alone you really have and that helps you make intentional choices. And, btw, in the last 2 1/2 years, you’ve done a whole.lot.of.motherin’ Don’t grow weary of doing good!

• Beauty for ashes says:

Thank you so much, yes, the schedule is ESSENTIAL for keeping me on track. Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement!

2. Kristi says:

Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on blanket time. I would love to hear why you think it’s valuable and if/how you’ve used it outside of the home. I really like the idea, but it can definitely stir up a bit of controversy. (Can’t everything?) Thanks for the schedule, by the way. Working on perfecting my own. 🙂

3. natasha says:

Hello! I was wondering if you could give me an idea of what kind of lessons you do with your preschooler? Thanks 🙂

• Tales of Beauty for Ashes says:

Natasha, I am so glad you commented! Yes, please check out my ‘teaching toddlers’ tab at the top of the blog. Also, I just posted a lesson plan for teaching obedience to toddler/preschoolers today. You can search for it using the search (Adam and Eve lesson plan) or you could just go to today’s (1/26/2015) post.

• Anonymous says:

Sweet! Thank you so much. I’m new to this. My 3 year old and I are getting to stay together for the 1st time since she was about 5 months. I was working full time but I can not afford child care so we are trying this out. So happy I found your blog!

4. Chandra says:

After looking at your schedule I am wondering if your toddler really takes a nap at 9:00 or is that just more of a quick quiet time. I have 18mth old twins and I can never get them down for a nap that early. I am also homeschooling 3 others and really need a schedule but just haven’t found one that fits our life.

• Tales of Beauty for Ashes says:

At that time, she was taking two naps. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. Now, I really need to update this. She is a preschooler, but still naps for about two hours a day. I call it quiet time but she usually falls asleep within thirty minutes. How old are your other kiddos?

5. amy talley says:

Is there a schedule for a mom of three yet? I have a 4yo 3yo and 9mo all boys, and none are in preschool or anything. So we are needing a schedule, and I saw there was one for moms with three!

6. Veronica says:

Hi, I love learning about other stay at home moms schedules. I am a mom of 3 boy ( 4,2,9mo ) and have been a stay at home mom for almost 2 years. And cannot seem to balance everything too well. I’ve tried a bunch of things but nothing sticks. Anyway glad I found your post. Thanks for sharing.

Comments are closed.