Family Christian stores gave me a gift certificate to purchase some goodies for our gift basket. All the ideas and opinions are my own. This post also contains affiliate links, make sure to check out my disclosure policy here!
Ah, Valentine’s Day.
It seems like there are only a few groups of people who are able to enjoy this day for what it is.
Children get to enjoy it with all the classroom parties.
Dating couples get to enjoy it, since the guy is trying so hard to impress the girl.
Even DINKS get to enjoy it (Double income, no kids) since they have the money to go out and the freedom to take as long as they want.
Single people are not the biggest fan of this day.
If you are married with children, it is just another day on the calendar.
It doesn’t have to be that way.
Valentine’s Day CAN be a day where you and your man can connect. AND you don’t even have to hire a babysitter. You can have a romantic, meaningful date night at home without spending a dime. Or if you want to, you can run to Family Christian Stores and buy a few things to set you up for success for your date night in.
Here are my Essentials for a Date Night In Basket, perfect for Valentine’s Day!
1. Couple’s Devotional Bible. This Bible is filled with devotions and great teaching. Also, in the devotions, it gives you questions for discussion (which I LOVE).
2. A good movie. I recommend, When the Game Stands Tall. It was a quality movie that the hubby and I both enjoyed.
3. Cards. These have a specific purpose. Don’t think that these are just cards for you to stash away, these are to be used during (or before) your date night in. Your assignment is to each write a letter to the other one on these cards. Then, during the date, read your cards to each other. Or if that feels awkward, just give them to each other to read!
5. A journal. You can use this for a variety of things, but my husband and I keep a journal and write in it every so often. We put love notes in it and leave it in a place that the other is going to find it. I love going back and reading the notes we have written each other. 5. This little teddy bear is very meaningful for me. It has some memories attached to it. You might not have a little bear, but maybe you can find a photo album or something else meaningful that will help the two of you think and reminisce on your marriage.
6. Massage Oil. This one is just for fun. For after the movie, perhaps??
7. The Husband Prayer Calendar. This one is a reminder for me to pray for my man. One thing that would make this date night in so special, is to begin with prayer, thanking God for each other and the marriage He has blessed you with.
What are you doing for Valentine’s Day? Are you going to have a date night in??
If you would like the Husband Prayer Calendar, make sure to print one off for yourself:
Also, here is my own book on marriage, filled with 30 challenges to get your marriage from stale to spicy!