This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase something, you support our family just a little. Thank you! See my full disclosure policy here.
Stockings are hard. Every year, I try to figure out what to put in my husband’s stocking and every year I come up short.
Fortunately, I don’t have that problem with the kiddos. I have so many ideas that they could easily have multiple stockings and I would still fill them!
We don’t do much candy around here, so when coming up with ideas for stocking stuffers, I had to figure out what to do that wasn’t candy.
Here is a stocking stuffer guide for toddlers and preschoolers. (And older kids too!)
- Flash Cards – keep them learning with these flash cards
- Stuffed Animals – You really can’t go wrong with a stuffed animal!
- Finger paint – because what 2 and 3 year olds DON’T want to get messy?
- BINGO – or other family games
- Pom poms – this is one of our absolute favorites to play with. The kids can spend hours working with these pom poms!
- Books – There are a bazillion great books for kids. These are some of the best gifts you can give. Here is a post full of Christmas books for little ones.
- Magnetic letters – our fridge isn’t magnetic, but we still find so many uses for these guys!
- Glitter – This is a messy, but good one! Perfect for all kinds of crafts.
- Band Aids – Because any mama of toddler/preschoolers knows that band aids are an obsession!
- Chalk – We go through this stuff like crazy. I’m working on finding a good recipe for homemade chalk, I’ll let you know how that goes!
- Pipe Cleaners – Give them a colander and let them play!
- Crayons – Like chalk, we go through crayons so quickly. It might have something to do with the dog eating them…
- Winter accessories – scarves, mittens, socks, etc
- Marbles – Love playing with these!
- Googly Eyes – So great for any project
- Beads – These are great for sorting, organizing and making play jewelry.
- Toothbrush – ‘Cause you are supposed to change them out every so often, and I have never been more aware of that fact than I am, now that I have children.
- Foam Papers – This is also a favorite around our home. The kids will sit for a long time sorting and stacking these things.
- Coloring Books – You can use just plain spiral notebooks or get as fancy as you like.
- Favorite snacks – My children love cheerios and dried fruit.
- Hair clips or pony tail holders – If you have a girl, this really must be in their stocking. I don’t know how it is that I buy these things and they disappear faster than socks in the dryer.
- Socks – See above.
- Movie – We are a fan of Curious George, Veggie Tales and Adventures in Odyssey around these parts. (I just want you to know that it took me about five minutes to figure out how to spell Odyssey)
- Musical Instruments – Split this set up and stick the different instruments in the stocking.
Just for some extra holiday cheer, enter to win a $5 gift certificate to Family Christian Stores to buy some extra stocking stuffers! Giveaway through Family Christians Stores, ends 11/27. Good luck!